Pages

May 24, 2009

Will he show? - Doubtful



Because I do not care for Stephen Schneider I just glanced over the interview of him by Thomas Fuller in today's Examiner. I certainly had no intention of commenting on his views one way or the other, I have more respect for James Hansen than Schneider whom I consider nothing more than an opportunist. His comments in the interview confirmed my opinion of him. However it appears that he has gotten under the skin of a scientist whom I Have the greatest respect for, Roger Pielke Sr. Good, I hope schneider will take up Professor Peilke's challenge, but I doubt that he will, his mouth and his reputation are far larger than his integrity .

FROM-Climate Science


(excerpt from)
Comments On “The Global Warming Debates: Stephen Schneider” In The May 24 2009 Issue Of The Examiner.Com By Thomas Fuller

...More importantly, I am disappointed that Steve Schneider personally attacked the websites that are listed. I have quite a bit of respect for Dr. Schneider’s past work [e.g. his book Genesis Strategy is an excellent example of why we need a resource-based, bottom-up assessment of vulnerability, as has been discussed in our peer reviewed papers (e.g. see) and books (e.g. see)].


However, his casual denigration of each of the websites,
Watt’s Up With That, Climate Skeptic, Climate Audit and Climate Science (each of whose contributions to the discussion of climate science are informative and very valuable) represents a failure to engage in constructive scientific debate.


This cavalier dismissal of these websites illustrates that instead of evaluating the soundness of their scientific evidence, the authors of these websites, who provide a much needed broader viewpoint on climate science, are insulted. This is not the proper way to discuss scientific issues.


I would be glad to debate Dr. Schneider (or any of the other individuals who are listed).


I also challenge them to refute in the professional literature (and in a debate) the numerous peer reviewed articles and national (e.g.
see) and international climate assessments (e.g. see) that present scientific evidence that conflicts with the narrow perspective on climate science that Steve Schneider is representing.

For those interested in my scientific credentials in climate science, please see
Pielke Research Group


and my vita



I am alerting Dr. Schneider and Mr. Fuller to the appearance of my weblog on this subject, and will publish their replies with their permission, if they provide them.

No comments:

Post a Comment